This year's theme is “The Art of Experience” and will showcase the talents of senior Connecticut artists.The Juried Art Show takes place September 27-28, 2014. Entry forms with a photo of original artwork are due by June 27, 2014.
The show will include paintings, drawings, sculptures and photography – all created after the artists’ 70th birthday. First-place winners in each of the four categories will receive cash prizes. There will also be a $250 cash prize and a crystal trophy in the shape of an artist’s palette awarded to the winner of the “Tommie Davis Award.”
The Connecticut Senior Juried Art Show is produced by and hosted at
Pomperaug Woods, 80 Heritage Road in Southbury.
General Rules and Information
- All work must be original and created at age 70 or older by a Connecticut resident.
- Categories include: Painting, Drawing, and Photography, and Sculpture.
- Entrants may submit up to 3 pieces.
- All artwork must be photographed; one entry form and photograph must accompany each piece.
- Deadline for entries is June 27, 2014. (photographs& entry forms)
- Each entry will be judged separately.
- Selections for the juried show will be made by a review of the photographs.
- All accepted art work needs to be exhibit ready. (framed, matted, ready for hanging)
- We reserve the right to exclude art that has been in any previous Connecticut Senior
- Juried Art Show at Pomperaug Woods.
- Entrants will be notified of their acceptance by July 25, 2014.
- Award-winning artwork will be on exhibit at the Mattatuck Museum from October 5 through November 2, 2014
Timeline of Events:
June 27 – Deadline for submission – Pomperaug Woods, 80 Heritage Rd., Southbury, CT 06488 -Artists’ entry forms due, along with a photo of their original work (3 entry limit per artist).
July 25 – Acceptance letters sent
August 4-8 – Artwork to be delivered to Pomperaug Woods
August 18 – Judging begins
August 22 – Award letters sent to winners
September 26 – Reception/Exhibit Opening
September 27 – Exhibit Open to public 11am – 4pm
September 28 – Exhibit Open to public 11am – 4 pm
September 28 – 4pm – 5pm – All Artwork (excluding award- winning pieces) picked up.
October 5 – Opening reception for award-winners at Mattatuck Museum 2 pm – 4 pm - 144 West Main Street, Waterbury, CT 06702;www.MattatuckMuseum.org
October 5 to November 2 – Winning artwork exhibited at Mattatuck Museum