The Market is celebrating its seventh anniversary. Every year the roster of vendors expands and this year is no different, making a visit to the Southbury Farmers’ Market a one-stop shopping experience.
Farmers that are returning this year are:
- Mitchell Farm from Southbury with vegetables and fruits.
- Stoneledge Hollow Farm from Southbury with vegetables, jams, jellies and organic eggs.
- Sunrise Sunset Farm of Bethlehem with all sorts of veggies and the most wonderful garlic you’ve ever tasted.
- Goatboy Soaps of New Milford with wonderful soap and body products.
- Daffodil Hill Growers of Southbury will be bringing their veggies, fruits, honey, and annuals.
- Freshwater Farm from Morris brings some wonderful veggies and goat cheese from Griffin Farmstead.
- Averill Farm from Washington will be bringing their famous cider donuts, dog biscuits, gluten free cookies and as the season progresses, peaches and apples.
- The Olive Oil Factory from Waterbury has a great selection of infused olive oils and vinegars.
- Greenleaf Organic Bakery of Wilton will be returning again this year. Paul is trained in the art of Parisian & Belgian pâtisseries offering marvelous treats such as croissants, tarts, baguettes and more.
- If you are looking for something to eat at the market or a quick dinner to take home, The Chubby Oven will be returning to make wood-fired pizzas at the market again this year. The pizza is available by the slice or a whole pie and uses market ingredients for toppings.
- Daugue Popcorn of Southbury will satisfy your sweet tooth with their family caramel corn recipes that come in several different flavors such as salted caramel and chocolate.
- Carrot Top Kitchens of Redding will have their award winning pickles including garlic dill and bread & butter, along with chutney, soups, hummus and jams.
New vendors at the market this year include Aradia Farms of Southbury, offering all natural pork, beef, eggs and maple syrup. The market will also be welcoming Biscotti, Etc. from Sandy Hook with handmade biscotti of different flavors and Relaxin Jacks of Southbury that specializes in BBQ sauce and BBQ spice rubs. Hardcore Sweet Cupcakes from Watertown will offer their award-winning cupcakes. Sunset Meadow Vineyards of Goshen will be returning after a year hiatus to offer their estate red and white wines for sale at the market.
Spots are also available for guest vendors throughout the season. For more information contact Market Manager Sara Blersch at email@example.com or 203-228-7870.
The Southbury Farmers’ Market is producer only; all vendors and farmers are directly involved with growing or producing the item that they are selling. Visit the market on June 19 to support your local grower and food artisans. Remember dollars spent at the market are dollars invested in the community. Your support of the market supports our local farmers.
This project is funded in part through matching funds by the Connecticut Department of Agriculture through the Community Investment Act 05-228.
Based off a release from the Southbury Farmers’ Market.