Today is Monday, April 23, the 114th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Monday: Showers likely, mainly before 1 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 58. East wind 10 - 14 mph becoming south. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Events & Reminders
- Celebrate Earth Day by planting carrots at the .
Today in History
- 1985 – Coca-Cola changes its formula and releases New Coke. The response is overwhelmingly negative, and the original formula is back on the market in less than 3 months.
- 1951 – American journalist William N. Oatis is arrested for espionage by the Communist government of Czechoslovakia.
- 1910 – Theodore Roosevelt made his The Man in the Arena speech.
- 1635 – The first public school in the United States, Boston Latin School, is founded in Boston, Massachusetts.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.