Today is Thursday, August 2, the 215th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Thursday: Patchy fog before 7 a.m. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 89. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon.
Events & Reminders
- Books, puzzles, games and coloring activities as well as special drinks for children and adults during Family Fun Night at .
Today in History
- 1990 – Iraq invades Kuwait, eventually leading to the Gulf War.
- 1939 – Albert Einstein and Leó Szilárd write a letter to Franklin D. Roosevelt, urging him to begin the Manhattan project to develop a nuclear weapon.
- 1937 – The Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 is passed in America, the effect of which is to render marijuana and all its by-products illegal.
- 1923 – As vice president, Calvin Coolidge becomes the 30th President of the United States after the death of Warren G. Harding
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History comiled from Wikipedia and other sources.