Today is Thursday, August 23, the 236th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 84. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon.
Events & Reminders
- Books, puzzles, games and coloring activities as well as special drinks for children and adults are offered during Family Fun Night at .
Today in History
- 1996 – Osama bin Laden issues message entitled 'A declaration of war against the Americans occupying the land of the two holy places.'
- 1970 – Organized by Mexican American union leader César Chávez, the Salad Bowl strike, the largest farm worker strike in U.S. history, begins.
- 1927 – Sacco and Vanzetti are executed.
- 1904 – The automobile tire chain is patented.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.