Today is Friday, August 31, the 244th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Friday: Patchy fog before 9 a.m. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 90. Light southwest wind increasing to 9 to 14 mph in the morning.
Events & Reminders
- Books, puzzles, games and coloring activities as well as special drinks for children and adults are offered during Family Fun Night at .
Today in History
- 1997 – Diana, Princess of Wales, her companion Dodi Al-Fayed and driver Henri Paul die in a car crash in Paris.
- 1920 – The first radio news program is broadcast by 8MK in Detroit, Michigan.
- 1897 – Thomas Edison patents the Kinetoscope, the first movie projector.
- 1888 – Mary Ann Nichols is murdered. She is the first of Jack the Ripper's confirmed victims.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.