Today is Monday, August 6, the 219th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 85. Northwest wind 8 - 11 mph.
Events & Reminders
- Check out a Movie on the Green to benefit the Southbury Food Bank at .
Today in History
- 1991 – Tim Berners-Lee releases files describing his idea for the World Wide Web. WWW debuts as a publicly available service on the Internet.
- 1965 – US PresidentLyndon B. Johnson signs the Voting Rights Act of 1965 into law.
- 1962 – Jamaica becomes independent from the United Kingdom.
- 1926 – In New York City, the Warner Brothers' Vitaphone system premieres with the movie Don Juan starring John Barrymore.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.