Today is Thursday, July 19, the 201st day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 87. Northeast wind 7 - 9 mph.
Events & Reminders
- Books, puzzles, games and coloring activities as well as special drinks for children and adults during Family Fun Night at .
Today in History
- 1981 – In a private meeting with U.S. President Ronald Reagan, French Prime Minister François Mitterrand reveals the existence of the Farewell Dossier, a collection of documents showing that the Soviets had been stealing American technological research and development.
- 1963 – Joe Walker flies a North American X-15 to a record altitude of 106,010 metres (347,800 feet) on X-15 Flight 90. Exceeding an altitude of 100 km, this flight qualifies as a human spaceflight under international convention.
- 1942 – World War II: Battle of the Atlantic – German Grand Admiral Karl Dönitz orders the last U-boats to withdraw from their United States Atlantic coast positions in response to the effective American convoy system.
- 1848 – Women's rights: a two-day Women's Rights Convention opens in Seneca Falls, New York; there the "Bloomers" are introduced.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History comiled from Wikipedia and other sources.