Today is Friday, July 20, the 202nd day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Friday: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 73. East wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent.
Events & Reminders
- Visit the for an evening of murder and mayhem. Follow the clues and sleuth out the culprit. Costumes suggested but not required.
Today in History
- 1977 – Johnstown, Pennsylvania is hit by a flash flood that kills eighty and causes $350 million in damage.
- 1969 – Apollo Program: Apollo 11 successfully makes the first manned landing on the Moon in the Sea of Tranquility. Americans Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin become the first humans to walk on the Moon almost 7 hours later. (US Time)
- 1940 – California opens its first freeway, the Arroyo Seco Parkway.
- 1932 – In Washington, D.C., police fire tear gas on World War I veterans, part of the Bonus Expeditionary Force, who attempt to march to the White House.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History comiled from Wikipedia and other sources.