Today is Thursday, July 26, the 208th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Thursday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 85. South wind 5 - 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent.
Events & Reminders
- Books, puzzles, games and coloring activities as well as special drinks for children and adults are offered during Family Fun Night at .
Today in History
- 1990 – The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 is signed into law by President George H. W. Bush.
- 1953 – Arizona Governor John Howard Pyle orders an anti-polygamy law enforcement crackdown on residents of Short Creek, Arizona, which becomes known as the Short Creek Raid.
- 1948 – U.S. President Harry S. Truman signs Executive Order 9981 desegregating the military of the United States.
- 1945 – The US Navy cruiser USS Indianapolis arrives at Tinian with parts of the warhead for the Hiroshima atomic bomb.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History comiled from Wikipedia and other sources.