Today is Tuesday, June 12, the 164th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Tuesday: Showers likely, mainly after 5 p.m. Patchy fog before 7 a.m. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 70. South wind between 9 - 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Events & Reminders
- Learn the latest Indian pop and folk dance moves including popular styles such as Bhangra at the .
Today in History
- 1978 – David Berkowitz, the "Son of Sam" killer in New York City, is sentenced to 365 years in prison for six killings.
- 1964 – Anti-apartheid activist and ANC leader Nelson Mandela is sentenced to life in prison for sabotage in South Africa.
- 1939 – The Baseball Hall of Fame opens in Cooperstown, New York.
- 1864 – American Civil War, Overland Campaign: Battle of Cold Harbor – Ulysses S. Grant gives the Confederate forces under Robert E. Lee a victory when he pulls his Union troops from their positions at Cold Harbor, Virginia and moves south.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.