Today is Thursday, June 14, the 166th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Thursday: Areas of fog before 9 a.m. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 79. East wind between 8-10 mph.
Events & Reminders
- The Tribury Rotary Club will meet on Thursday at 12:15 p.m. at
Today in History
- 1994 – The 1994 Stanley Cup riot occurs after the New York Rangers win the Stanley Cup from Vancouver, causing an estimated C$1.1 million, thus forcing 200 arrests and injuries. One person is also left with permanent brain damage.
- 1959 – Disneyland Monorail System, the first daily operating monorail system in the Western Hemisphere, opens to the public in Anaheim, California.
- 1954 – U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs a bill into law that places the words "under God" into the U.S. Pledge of Allegiance.
- 1937 – Pennsylvania becomes the first (and only) state of the United States to celebrate Flag Day officially as a state holiday.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.