Today is Thursday, June 21, the 173rd day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Thursday: Sunny and hot, with a high near 99. Northwest wind between 5 - 8 mph.
Events & Reminders
- Books, puzzles, games and coloring activities as well as special drinks for children and adults during Family Fun Night at .
Today in History
- 1982 – John Hinckley is found not guilty by reason of insanity for the attempted assassination of U.S. President Ronald Reagan.
- 1964 – Three civil rights workers, Andrew Goodman, James Chaney and Mickey Schwerner, are murdered in Neshoba County, Mississippi, United States, by members of the Ku Klux Klan.
- 1948 – Columbia Records introduces the long-playing record album in a public demonstration at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York, New York.
- 1915 – The U.S. Supreme Court hands down its decision in Guinn v. United States 238 US 347 1915, striking down an Oklahoma law denying the right to vote to some citizens.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.