Today is Thursday, June 28, the 180th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 88. West wind between 3 and 10 mph.
Events & Reminders
- Calling all aspiring teen writers! Join Write On! Practice techniques, try out new prompts, collaborate with friends, etc. once a month at the .
Today in History
- 1997 – Mike Tyson vs. Evander Holyfield II – Tyson is disqualified in the 3rd round for biting a piece off Holyfield's ear.
- 1969 – Stonewall Riots begin in New York City marking the start of the Gay Rights Movement.
- 1964 – Malcolm X forms the Organization of Afro-American Unity.
- 1902 – The U.S. Congress passes the Spooner Act, authorizing President Theodore Roosevelt to acquire rights from Colombia for the Panama Canal.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.