Today is Wednesday, October 10, the 284th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Contest to Commemorate 75th Anniversary of Southbury Saying No to Nazis
Lakeside Road Home Sells for $236K
Weakness in Obama's White House: 'The Price of Politics'
Wednesday: A slight chance of showers after 11 a.m. Cloudy, with a high near 63. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
Events & Reminders
- Get a workout and burn calories in tennis made simple for returning or new adult players looking to relieve stress at The Heritage Hotel.
Today in History
- 1973 – Vice President of the United States Spiro Agnew resigns after being charged with federal income tax evasion.
- 1957 – U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower apologizes to the finance minister of Ghana, Komla Agbeli Gbdemah, after he is refused service in a Dover, Delaware restaurant.
- 1933 – United Airlines Chesterton Crash: A United Airlines Boeing 247 is destroyed by sabotage, the first such proven case in the history of commercial aviation.
- 1845 – In Annapolis, Maryland, the Naval School (later renamed the United States Naval Academy) opens with 50 midshipman students and seven professors.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.