Today is Tuesday, October 16, the 290th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Cedarcrest Drive Home Sells For $224K
Moderate Mitt or Right-Winger Romney?
Tuesday: Partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 59. Northwest wind 13 to 17 mph.
Events & Reminders
- Sit tall on regular chairs and experience the power of breathing to lift your spirits or calm your worries at the Southbury Public Library.
Today in History
- 1995 – The Million Man March occurs in Washington, D.C.
- 1978 – Pope John Paul II is elected after the October 1978 Papal conclave.
- 1968 – United States athletes Tommie Smith and John Carlos are kicked off the US team for participating in the 1968 Olympics Black Power salute.
- 1962 – Cuban Missile Crisis between the United States, and Cuba and the USSR, begins.
- 1923 – The Walt Disney Company is founded by Walt Disney and his brother, Roy Disney.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.