Today is Friday, October 19, the 293rd day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Hampton Court Home Sells for $495K
Kids Not Reading Enough? Patch Has Tips from Author James Patterson
Friday: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 68. Southeast wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
Events & Reminders
- Learn how to find your animal totem and create an animal sculpture out of clay at The Golden Button.
Today in History
- 2005 – Saddam Hussein goes on trial in Baghdad for crimes against humanity.
- 1987 – Black Monday - the Dow Jones Industrial Average falls by 22%, 508 points.
- 1973 – President Richard Nixon rejects an Appeals Court decision that he turn over the Watergate tapes.
- 1917 – The Love Field in Dallas, Texas is opened.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.