Today is Tuesday, October 2, the 276th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Election 2012: How Much Have Your Neighbors Given to Obama and Romney?
Feds Release $121 Million For New Haven-Springfield Rail Project
Seniors to McMahon: 'We're Not Greedy Geezers' (VIDEO)
Tuesday: A chance of light rain, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 74. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent.
Events & Reminders
- Get a workout and burn calories in tennis made simple for returning or new adult players looking to relieve stress at The Heritage Hotel.
Today in History
- 2002 – The Beltway sniper attacks begin, extending over three weeks.
- 1967 – Thurgood Marshall is sworn in as the first African-American justice of United States Supreme Court.
- 1919 – U.S. President Woodrow Wilson suffers a massive stroke, leaving him partially paralyzed.
- 1789 – George Washington sends the proposed Constitutional amendments (The United States Bill of Rights) to the States for ratification.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.