Today is Wednesday, October 3, the 277th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
New Film Series Will Bring Movies to Southbury
Heritage Village Condo Sells for $62K
Katie Stevens Releases New Music Video
Wednesday: A chance of rain or drizzle before 1 p.m., then a chance of showers, mainly between 1 - 2 p.m. Areas of fog before 11 a.m. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 78. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent.
Events & Reminders
- Get a workout and burn calories in tennis made simple for returning or new adult players looking to relieve stress at The Heritage Hotel.
Today in History
- 1995 – O. J. Simpson is acquitted of the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman.
- 1961 – The Dick Van Dyke Show premieres on CBS-TV in the United States.
- 1951 – The "Shot Heard 'Round the World", one of the greatest moments in Major League Baseball history, occurs when the New York Giants' Bobby Thomson hits a game winning home run in the bottom of the ninth inning off of the Brooklyn Dodgers pitcher Ralph Branca, to win the National League pennant after being down 14 games.
- 1863 – The last Thursday in November is declared as Thanksgiving Day by President Abraham Lincoln as are Thursdays, November 30, 1865 and November 29, 1866.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.