Today is Friday, October 5, the 279th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Revere Circle Home Sells for $429K
Friday: Patchy fog before 9 a.m. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 77. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
Events & Reminders
- Tom Wheeler, co-owner of Plumb Farms, a florist, gift shop and garden boutique in Prospect, will demonstrate holiday arrangements and give tips for decorating your homes for the holiday season at the Southbury Public Library.
Today in History
- 1982 – Chicago Tylenol murders: Johnson & Johnson initiates a nationwide product recall in the United States for all products in its Tylenol brand after several bottles in Chicago are found to have been laced with cyanide, resulting in seven deaths.
- 1962 – The Beatles first single, "Love Me Do" backed with "P.S. I Love You", is released in the United Kingdom.
- 1945 – Hollywood Black Friday: A six-month strike by Hollywood set decorators turns into a bloody riot at the gates of Warner Brothers' studios.
- 1905 – Wilbur Wright pilots Wright Flyer III in a flight of 24 miles in 39 minutes, a world record that stood until 1908.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.