Today is Tuesday, October 9, the 283rd day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Minuteman Circle Home Sells for $402K
Tuesday: A chance of rain, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 56. Northeast wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Events & Reminders
- Get a workout and burn calories in tennis made simple for returning or new adult players looking to relieve stress at The Heritage Hotel.
Today in History
- 2001 – Second mailing of anthrax letters from Trenton, New Jersey in the 2001 anthrax attack.
- 1969 – In Chicago, the United States National Guard is called in for crowd control as demonstrations continue in connection with the trial of the "Chicago Eight" that began on September 24.
- 1919 – Black Sox scandal: The Cincinnati Reds win the World Series.
- 1888 – The Washington Monument officially opens to the general public.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.