Today is Monday, September 10, the 254th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Monday: Sunny, with a high near 71. North wind 7 to 16 mph.
Events & Reminders
- Get a workout and burn calories in tennis made simple for returning or new adult players looking to relieve stress at .
Today in History
- 1963 – 20 African-American students enter public schools in Alabama.
- 1897 – Lattimer massacre: A sheriff's posse kills 20 unarmed immigrant miners in Pennsylvania, United States.
- 1776 – American Revolutionary War: Nathan Hale volunteers to spy for the Continental Army.
- 1608 – John Smith is elected council president of Jamestown, Virginia.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.