Today is Wednesday, September 12, the 256th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Wednesday: Patchy fog before 9 a.m. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 79. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon.
Events & Reminders
- Art for the Ages continues with Wayne Maddox of Antique Roadshow fame speaking about art history with a humor theme at 2 p.m. at The Hearth at Southbury.
Today in History
- 1983 – A Wells Fargo depot in West Hartford, Connecticut, United States, is robbed of approximately US$7 million by Los Macheteros.
- 1953 – U.S. Representative John Fitzgerald Kennedy marries Jacqueline Lee Bouvier at St. Mary's Church in Newport, Rhode Island.
- 1919 – Adolf Hitler joins the German Workers Party.
- 1609 – Henry Hudson begins his exploration of the Hudson River while aboard the Halve Maen.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.