Today is Thursday, September 13, the 257th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 79. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the morning.
Events & Reminders
- Books, puzzles, games and coloring activities as well as special drinks for children and adults are offered during Family Fun Night at .
Today in History
- 2008 – Hurricane Ike makes landfall on the Texas Gulf Coast of the United States, causing heavy damage to Galveston Island, Houston and surrounding areas.
- 1956 – IBM introduces the first computer disk storage unit, the RAMAC 305.
- 1899 – Henry Bliss is the first person in the United States to be killed in an automobile accident.
- 1862 – American Civil War: Union soldiers find a copy of Robert E. Lee's battle plans in a field outside Frederick, Maryland. It is the prelude to the Battle of Antietam.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.