Today is Monday, September 17, the 261st day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Southbury Land Trust Appoints Two New Trustees
Heritage Village Condo Sells for $90K
VIDEO: Mark Teixeira Talks About Baseball Program for At Risk Youth
Monday: Sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
Events & Reminders
- Get a workout and burn calories in tennis made simple for returning or new adult players looking to relieve stress at The Heritage Hotel.
Today in History
- 2001 – The New York Stock Exchange reopens for trading after the September 11 Attacks, the longest closure since the Great Depression.
- 1976 – The first Space Shuttle, Enterprise, is unveiled by NASA.
- 1908 – The Wright Flyer flown by Orville Wright, with Lieutenant Thomas Selfridge as passenger, crashes killing Selfridge. He becomes the first airplane fatality.
- 1849 – American abolitionist Harriet Tubman escapes from slavery.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.