Today is Tuesday, September 18, the 262nd day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Police Blotter: Multiple DUI's, Traffic Violations
Burr Road Home Sells for $301K
Judgment Day Is Now: Rosh Hashanah
New Memory Care Community Opens in Southbury
Tuesday: Showers and thunderstorms likely before 8 a.m., then showers and possibly a thunderstorm between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m., then showers and thunderstorms after 2 p.m. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds and heavy rain. High near 74. Southeast wind 10 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent.
Events & Reminders
- Get a workout and burn calories in tennis made simple for returning or new adult players looking to relieve stress at The Heritage Hotel.
Today in History
- 2001 – First mailing of anthrax letters from Trenton, New Jersey in the 2001 anthrax attacks.
- 1977 – Voyager I takes first photograph of the Earth and the Moon together.
- 1960 – Fidel Castro arrives in New York City as the head of the Cuban delegation to the United Nations.
- 1947 – The United States Air Force becomes an independent branch of the United States armed forces.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.