Today is Friday, September 21, the 265th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Ed Sullivan's House Goes on the Market
Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 73. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
Events & Reminders
- Get a workout and burn calories in tennis made simple for returning or new adult players looking to relieve stress at The Heritage Hotel.
Today in History
- 1993 – Russian President Boris Yeltsin suspends parliament and scraps the then-functioning constitution, thus triggering the Russian constitutional crisis of 1993.
- 1964 – The North American XB-70 Valkyrie, the world's first Mach 3 bomber, makes its maiden flight from Palmdale, California.
- 1938 – The Great Hurricane of 1938 makes landfall on Long Island in New York. The death toll is estimated at 500-700 people.
- 1780 – American Revolutionary War: Benedict Arnold gives the British the plans to West Point.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.