Today is Wednesday, September 26, the 270th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Declaration Road Home Sells for $440K
In Defense of the Flip-Flopper and Compromise
Wednesday: A chance of light rain before 8 a.m., then scattered showers, mainly between 8 - 10 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent.
Events & Reminders
- Children are invited to explore a scientific art adventure using plaster to create fossils, grow crystals and create scientific illustrations at The Golden Button.
Today in History
- 1973 – Concorde makes its first non-stop crossing of the Atlantic in record-breaking time.
- 1960 – Fidel Castro announces Cuba's support for the U.S.S.R.
- 1933 – As gangster Machine Gun Kelly surrenders to the FBI, he shouts out, "Don’t shoot, G-Men!", which becomes a nickname for FBI agents.
- 1789 – Thomas Jefferson is appointed the first United States Secretary of State, John Jay is appointed the first Chief Justice of the United States, Samuel Osgood is appointed the first United States Postmaster General, and Edmund Randolph is appointed the first United States Attorney General.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.