Today is Thursday, September 27, the 271st day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Southbury Police Officer to Camp Out Atop Clock Tower
Southford Road Home Sells For $325K
Details of Fatal Oxford Car Accident Spelled Out in Affidavit
Thursday: A slight chance of showers before 11 a.m. Partly sunny, with a high near 70. Calm wind becoming north 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
Events & Reminders
- Books, puzzles, games and coloring activities as well as special drinks for children and adults are offered during Family Fun Night at Starbucks Coffee.
Today in History
- 1998 – The Google internet search engine retrospectively claims this as its birthday.
- 1979 – The United States Department of Education receives final approval from the U.S. Congress to become the 13th US Cabinet agency.
- 1944 – The Kassel Mission results in the largest loss by a USAAF group on any mission in World War II.
- 1908 – The first production of the Ford Model T automobile was built at the Piquette Plant in Detroit, Michigan.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.