Today is Friday, September 28, the 272nd day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Southbury Celebration Slated For Saturday Night
Police Blotter: Failure to Appear
Harvest Lane Home Sells for $452K
Friday: Rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 65. Southeast wind 7 - 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100 percent. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
Events & Reminders
- Learn fun ways to transfer printed image at The Golden Button.
Today in History
- 1996 – Former president of Afghanistan Mohammad Najibullah is tortured and brutally murdered by the Taliban.
- 1951 – CBS makes the first color televisions available for sale to the general public, but the product is discontinued less than a month later.
- 1919 – Race riots begin in Omaha, Nebraska, US.
- 1867 – The United States takes control of Midway Island.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.