Today is Tuesday, September 4, the 248th day of the year.
Today's Top Headlines
Tuesday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 8 a.m. High near 78. Southeast wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Events & Reminders
- Get a workout and burn calories in tennis made simple for returning or new adult players looking to relieve stress at .
Today in History
- 1998 – Google is founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin, two students at Stanford University.
- 1972 – Mark Spitz becomes the first competitor to win seven medals at a single Olympic Games.
- 1957 – American Civil Rights Movement: Little Rock Crisis – Orval Faubus, governor of Arkansas, calls out the National Guard to prevent African American students from enrolling in Central High School.
- 1949 – The Peekskill Riots erupt after a Paul Robeson concert in Peekskill, New York.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.