Call to Action in Newtown, CT Thursday night, February 7, 2013
Newtown Action Alliance (NAA) announces a meeting taking place THIS Thursday evening, February 7, 2013 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm in the Alexandria Room at Edmond Town Hall in Newtown, 45 Main Street, Newtown CT 06470. This is a meeting for ALL Connecticut residents, everyone is welcome, not just Newtowners. Anyone wishing to attend is asked to RSVP at http://new.evite.com/l/D5DVT53WNI
The Newtown Action Alliance is a grassroots organization dedicated to addressing the Sandy Hook tragedy with comprehensive action and outcome-oriented approaches— including both local and national legislative action— that will directly and positively affect the reduction of gun violence and death, both now and in the future.
1. Connect locally and nationally with other people and organizations to affect positive outcomes from the events of 12/14/12.
2. To influence Connecticut laws to make our children safer.
3. To influence Federal laws to make our children safer.
Rough agenda includes:
· An introduction to the The NAA and our current focus.
· Expert presentation on current activity in Hartford (Marty Isaac, President Connecticut Against Gun Violence)
-Education on legislative process and timing
-Education on proposed State legislation
· Near term action plan/options to influence what is happening in Hartford
· Brief Q&A
The meeting is open to anyone who doesn’t think that the status quo is good enough, and who want to take action that can have an effect positive change.
The NAA has a Facebook page at www.facebook.com/newtownaction, where you can sign up for email updates, and our website (www.newtownaction.org) will be up and running very soon. We can also be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something