The Southbury Historical Society will open its museum several days in November to coincide with a community commemoration of the town's rub with a pro-Nazi group 75 years ago.
The museum will be open from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. November 17, 18 and 24, and from 4:00 to 7:30 p.m. November 20. It is located in the Old Town Hall on South Britain Road in South Britain.
The Historical Society will display memorabilia from 1937, when Southbury prevented the German American Bund from building a training camp on 178 acres off George's Hill Road in the Kettletown section.
The organization has a large collection of newspaper articles, photographs and testimonials from the day, when Southbury earned international acclaim for standing up to the Bund, which had 50,000 supporters across the country.
The display will be up until early December. The museum is open Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to noon.
Also, on November 18, a documentary about Southbury and the Bund will be shown at 2:00 p.m. at Pomperaug High School.
The film was made by Southbury resident Scott Sniffen, who has interviewed people who lived in town when the Bund tried to open its camp.
Free tickets for the film screening are available by calling the Parks and Recreation Department at 203-262-0633.