Fire Embers Believed To Have Caused Christmas Fire

Heritage Village man who perished in Christmas morning blaze was attempting to enter granddaughter's window when he died.

The Daily News reports that embers of a Yule log may have caused the fire that killed three girls and their grandparents early Christmas morning in Stamford, CT.

Grandparents Lomer and Pauline Johnson of Heritage Village and their granddaughters 10-year-old Lily Badger and 7-year-old twins Grace and Sarah Badger perished in the fire, according to the Huffington Post.

Madonna Badger and her boyfriend, who tried to get back into the burning house, survived the inferno that destroyed the $1.725 million five-bedroom home at 2267 Shippan Ave. 

The Hartford Courant reports that Lomer Johnson, who had a job as a Saks Fifth Avenue Santa, was attempting to get into one of the girl's bedroom windows when he died.

Originally published on


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »