.

Mattress Catches Fire in Southbury Home [Updated]

The fire has been brought under control and the fire marshal is on his way.

Blaze extinguished at 91 Hillside Road Thursday. Photo Credit: Southbury Volunteer Fire Department
Blaze extinguished at 91 Hillside Road Thursday. Photo Credit: Southbury Volunteer Fire Department
Update as of 9:40 a.m. on March 27:

There are no reported injuries as a result of the fire at 91 Hillside Road. The fire, confined to a mattress in a bedroom, has been brought under control. 

The fire marshal will determine if the structure is still habitable.

Our original report follows:

Southbury firefighters are working at the scene of a reported fire at 91 Hillside Road.

The fire appears to involve a mattress in a bedroom, based on information transmitted over the scanner. Crews are working on bringing the mattress out of the house, and ventilating the structure.

The fire was reported to be out as of 9:23 a.m., but crews will remain on scene for a while conducting overhaul.

There was no word on whether anyone was home at the time or if anyone has been injured.

The fire marshal has been called to the scene.

Patch will update this article with more information as it becomes available.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »