.

Selectman Candidate Issued Open Burning Warning

Board of Selectmen candidate John A. Bucciarelli was issued a warning for burning without a permit Tuesday.

Republican candidate for the Southbury Board of Selectmen, John A. Bucciarelli, was issued a warning for burning without an open burning permit Tuesday.

After receiving two anonymous complaints at approximately 3:26 p.m. Tuesday, Fire Marshal Henry Stormer and the Southbury Fire Department responded to 340 Main Street North, the residence of Bucciarelli.

Upon arrival Bucciarelli was using a garden hose to extinguish a fire in a 55-gallon drum in his driveway, according to Stormer.

Stormer said he observed papers being burned in the barrel.

Bucciarelli was issued a warning and was advised only brush less than three inches in diameter can be burned, and only with a permit.  Stormer said no action was taken because the fire had been contained and the burning index was listed as moderate.

According to Stormer, the Southbury Fire Department has previously responded to Bucciarelli’s residence in 2009 when he was found burning construction debris in a barrel, also without a permit.

Bucciarelli is a member of the Region 15 Board of Education.

FREE AT LAST! July 28, 2011 at 11:42 AM
Between 2002 and 2005 Bucciarelli sells shares to his business without a securities license and gets rebuked by the state banking commission. http://www.ct.gov/dob/cwp/view.asp?a=2246&q=332052 Then he puts an addition on his home without Historic district approval and without a building permit. Now twice he has been warned for burning without permits. And he's been nominated to the Board of Selectman. Great choice Claire and the 17 members of the RTC inner circle, great choice.
Questioning citizen July 28, 2011 at 12:20 PM
Yup, exactly the kind of guy we want on the board of selectmen. Way to go, republicans.
carol renza July 28, 2011 at 02:52 PM
This, the type of character the RTC offers in a candidate for selectman to enforce the laws of Southbury on other citizens. ... give me a break. What was the RTC gang thinking? Clearly, well qualified candidates failed to come forth to run on the failed Davis ticket.
jim stetson July 28, 2011 at 03:09 PM
How would anyone with a conscience vote for this guy?!
Quid Pro Quo July 28, 2011 at 04:44 PM
How would anyone with at least half a brain nominate him for office? I think it shows how the SRTC feels that it and its candidates are above the law. And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...
Dump Davis August 06, 2011 at 10:52 AM
The Historic Commission wears blinders; everyone should be ashamed of themselves. Main Street North is a joke; you've got a commercial business running out of 194 Main Street North (totally a zoning violation but the Town doesn't care and won't answer questions); the Hine property is disgusting with a falling down rusted chain link fence around a pool and god know what else; Bucciarelli has got a real mess going on with trucks; H I Stone across the street with a huge camper, trucks, Bennett with mining near RT 67 intersection...disgusting! You should all be ashamed.....Go back a read the Historic District regulations and start handing out violations! Bucciarelli won't get my vote..

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »