The Southbury Volunteer Fire Department responded to a small fire Thursday night, Jan. 24, in the elevator room at The Heritage Hotel at approximately 9 p.m.
According to Southbury Firefighter Lieutenant Jason Decremer, the fire was contained to the elevator room and knocked down quickly, but it did push smoke throughout the lobby area and floors above. The hotel was evacuated but guests were allowed back in their rooms around 11 p.m. There were no injuries reported.
Friday morning, Jan. 25, just after 7 a.m., the fire department responded to a home at 118 Hillcrest Dr. Upon arrival fire crews discovered a small fire in the walls of the home that was quickly extinguished, according to Decremer. The Woodbury Fire Department provided mutual aid to the scene.