State police have arrested a juvenile in connection to a Southbury armed robbery earlier this month.
According to state police, the juvenile was arrested at 6:45 a.m. Thursday and charged with several crimes stemming from a Sept. 2 armed robbery at the Southbury McDonald’s.
The juvenile was charged with:
- first-degree robbery
- first-degree burglary
- three counts of first-degree unlawful restraint
- second-degree larceny
- criminal use of a firearm
The juvenile was also charged with:
- first-degree conspiracy to commit robbery
- first-degree conspiracy to commit burglary
- first-degree conspiracy to commit unlawful restraint
- first-degree conspiracy to commit larceny
According to state police, shortly after midnight on Sept. 2 two armed men entered the rear door of the Southbury McDonald’s, 100 Main St. North, in Southbury, and ordered two female and one male employee to the ground while the other male employee was ordered to empty the safe. The suspects then fled with approximately $5,000 in cash, police said.
The two suspects were reportedly armed with a gun, knife, and baseball bat.
The juvenile arrested this morning will be arraigned today at Juvenile Court where the case will then be transferred to Adult Court, according to police. The juvenile is being held on a $500,000 court-set bond.
This investigation is still ongoing, state police said.