.

SVFD: Southbury Chimney Fire Caused By Draft

Patch File Photo
Patch File Photo
The Southbury Volunteer Fire Department extinguished a chimney fire at 657 South Britain Road Wednesday morning.

According to Lieutenant Jason Decremer, firefighters saw "heavy black smoke coming from the chimney" when they arrived.

The residents were burning papers in their fireplace, and the SVFD believes a draft pushed those materials up into the chimney, Decremer said.

The fire was extinguished quickly, and no injuries or home damages were reported. 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »